(Pocket-lint) – So long as WhatsApp has been round, there have been individuals clamouring for the flexibility to go a step additional when customising their expertise. Whereas the messaging app has lengthy allow you to change the background that seems behind your messages, that is all the time been a single wallpaper for all of your chats.
Now that is lastly modified – WhatsApp is rolling out an replace that permits you to set a customized wallpaper for every of your chats, together with a complete bunch extra wallpapers to select from in addition to your personal pictures.
For those who’ve obtained the newest model of the app downloaded, it is best to quickly be capable of observe the steps under to offer every of your chats a extra distinctive flavour. We have additionally included particulars on tips on how to set a distinct wallpaper for when your cellphone’s in darkish mode.
Word, although, that this function is not utilized in all areas – for instance, you’ll be able to’t change your wallpaper per chat on iOS within the UK at current.
How you can set customized WhatsApp chat wallpapers
- On the high of your chosen chat, choose the “…” menu
- Choose Wallpaper
- Undergo the circulation and choose your alternative of wallpaper
- On the high of a chat, choose the group title
- On the Group Information (or Chat Information) menu, faucet Wallpaper & Sound
- Choose your chosen wallpaper
How you can change darkish mode wallpaper on WhatsApp
- Turn on dark mode from your device settings (if Android 10 or above) or from WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Theme (if Android 9 or below).
- Then follow the above steps to change your wallpaper
- The two choices should be saved for their respective modes
- Turn on dark mode from your device settings
- Change your wallpaper using the steps above
- Again, your choices for light and dark mode should be saved
Writing by Max Freeman-Mills. Originally published on .