Hundreds of thousands of individuals useeach day to speak with coworkers and buddies, whether or not it is back-and-forth GIF threads or fast one-off messages. However not everybody works in the identical time zone, which suggests a easy message can flip into an unintentional alarm clock.
Slack does have the choice to snooze notifications, however not everybody takes benefit of that function — some folks need to keep plugged in all through the day. Thankfully, Slack additionally enables you to schedule messages to ship at a later time. The method is straightforward to arrange, and it’d spare your teammate an undesirable late-night ping.
Scheduling Slack messages works barely otherwise on the desktop app and the cellular app, however the course of is almost equivalent. Here is learn how to schedule a Slack message on both platform.
Find out how to schedule a Slack message
1. Begin by typing out the message you need to ship till it has the proper variety of exclamation factors and emoji.
2. On the cellular app, search for the inexperienced paper airplane button within the backside proper nook. Press and maintain it. On the desktop app, there is a dropdown on the proper aspect of the button that may say “schedule for later” if you hover over it.
3. Slack will recommend a scheduled time — normally 9 a.m. the subsequent weekday. If the recipient is in a distinct time zone, it’s going to show the supply time of their time zone in addition to yours. If that is not the time you need, click on “Customized time.”
4. The customized time menu will allow you to specify no matter date and time you need, as much as 4 months upfront. While you’ve discovered the time you need, hit “Schedule Message.” You are accomplished!
Finest causes to schedule Slack messages
There’s multiple motive you would possibly need to schedule a message on Slack. Listed here are among the greatest makes use of of the function:
- Ship a message late at night time with out waking up the Slackee. It will be prepared for them after they begin their day.
- Remind an individual or a channel a couple of deadline. You may ship the message everytime you first set the deadline, and schedule it for crunch time.
- Remind your self about duties you could end. Slack additionally has a reminder device that you need to use, however scheduling a message is somewhat quicker.
For extra Slack hacks, examine learn how to, and .
#schedule #Slack #messages #dont #hassle #teammates #time #zones