(Pocket-lint) – Microsoft is now permitting beta testers to strive Android apps on their Windows 11 machines.
The corporate has constructed a subsystem in Home windows 11 to allow Android app help. A preview model of this subsystem for Android goes reside, and that is offering entry to apps from the Amazon Appstore. If you wish to strive a few of these apps in your Home windows PC, it is simple. Here is what to do.
Additionally: Microsoft Windows 11: Features, release date, and more
Which Android apps are you able to check on Home windows 11?
Microsoft teamed up with Amazon to supply 50 apps for Home windows Insiders to check on Home windows 11. Take into accout there are greater than three million apps obtainable on the Google Play Retailer, and greater than 600,000 on Amazon’s Appstore.
Here is a choose few Android apps you may strive on Home windows 11:
- Lords Cell
- June’s Journey
- Coin Grasp
- Lego Duplo World
- Khan Academy Children
How do Android apps work on Home windows 11?
Apps could be loaded via the Microsoft Retailer, which is able to listing apps that time to the Amazon Appstore so that you can load and set up.
Listed here are just a few behaviours you may count on when testing Android apps on Home windows 11:
- Android apps can run side by side with other Windows apps.
- You can also pin them to the Start menu or the taskbar.
- Android apps are integrated into Alt + Tab and Task view.
- You can see notifications from Android apps notifications in the Action Center.
- You can share your clipboard between a Windows app and an Android app.
- Many Windows accessibility settings apply to Android apps, too.
How to try Android apps on Windows 11
Join Windows Insider
You need to become a Windows Insider to test Android apps on Windows 11. Microsoft is only enabling Android apps in the Beta Channel of Windows 11 right now. It plans to bring the preview to Dev Channel users “down the road”. The Beta Channel is perfect for early adopters who want to see what’s next or validate the latest Windows updates and features, but still need reliable updates that are validated by Microsoft.
- You can sign up for the Microsoft Insider program here.
- When you enroll, navigate to:
- Settings > Replace & Safety > Home windows Insider Program.
- Within the Beta Channel, your Home windows 11 PC will should be set to the US area.
For extra about how Home windows Insider works, see Microsoft’s support page.
You’ll need a compatible PC. Use Microsoft’s PC Health Check app to see in case your system is supported. Microsoft’s subsystem helps PCs working AMD, Intel, and Qualcomm processors. Microsoft additionally mentioned it partnered with Intel to allow Arm-only apps to run on AMD and Intel gadgets.
You will additionally want a US-based Amazon account to entry the Amazon Appstore and obtain and set up Android apps.
Need to know extra?
Try Microsoft’s blog post announcement for extra particulars.
Writing by Maggie Tillman. Initially revealed on .